Mental health is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) as “a state of well-being in which an individual realizes their own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively, and is able to make a contribution to their community.”
Psychiatric disorders can affect the quality of life as they may interfere with daily activities, thoughts, emotions, behavior, interpersonal relationships, and leisure time. These disorders can have a combination of biological, psychological, and social factors as their etiology.
Psychiatric treatment aims to restore the balance of neurotransmitters (chemical substances released in the central nervous system that play a role in transmitting information from one neuron to another) in the brain through the administration of targeted medications to correct these imbalances. It also involves recommending appropriate types of psychotherapy for each specific condition.
The therapeutic relationship between the doctor and the patient is of utmost importance in the healing process and is based primarily on an attitude of unconditional positive regard for the patient in all aspects and on empathetic understanding (the ability to enter the patient’s inner world).
We offer free psychiatric consultations, under contract with the Health Insurance House, for insured patients who provide a referral note from their family doctor/specialist.
Psychiatry consultations include:
1. Initial specialized consultations, which involve personal and socio-familial history, psychological assessment, establishment of therapeutic objectives, and treatment algorithms. The initial consultation may sometimes serve as a “second opinion” after a diagnosis has been made by another doctor.
The warning signs present when seeking a consultation with a psychiatrist can be summarized as follows:
- Panic attacks, generalized anxiety, specific phobias (fear of heights, public speaking, flying, etc.)
- Auditory hallucinations (“hearing voices”), visual hallucinations (“seeing things that are not real”)
- Sad mood, lack of interest and pleasure in usual activities
- Tendencies towards isolation or social withdrawal
- Fluctuations in body weight (weight gain/loss)
- Thoughts of death
- Insomnia, nightmares, reversal of sleep-wake cycle
- Stressful life situations, irritability, irritability
- Psychomotional lability
- Severe psychotrauma with evident behavioral consequences
- Dependence on certain substances (alcohol, drugs, tobacco, coffee, legal highs), gambling
- Memory disorders, attention deficit
- Feelings of alienation and dissociation
- Inability to carry out certain actions to completion
2. Follow-up consultations include the interpretation of specific complementary investigations, as well as a clinical-therapeutic reevaluation of the condition for which the patient initially presented.
Medical Certificates and Documents
We provide the necessary medical certificates, attestations, and approvals for the investigation and assessment of mental status, as well as specialized medical certificates required for disability or handicap commissions and various professional activities.
*Prior screening is required.
*Validity of the medical certificate: 3 months
*Price for adults: 50 lei
Psychiatry Consultation Appointment Form
Please fill in the details below to request information or an appointment. A member of the Med Anima team will contact you shortly after receiving the form to set up all the details of the appointment together.
Str. Străpungere Silvestru nr. 60, bl. CL11, sc. B, ground floor, Iași, county: Iași
com. Belcești, B entrance, Bl. 4, county: Iași
Str. Simion Bărnuțiu nr. 34, Timișoara, county: Timiș
TRANSCRANIAL MAGNETIC STIMULATION THERAPY
Computer Assisted Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
Treatment of Depression with Transcranial Electrical Stimulation
Psychiatry consultations - Online
Mai multe informații
Psihiatrie pediatrică - Online
Mai multe informații
Psychotherapy - Online
DNA Mind Genetic Test
GENETIC TESTING FOR OPTIMIZING THE TREATMENT OF MENTAL ILLNESSES
Virtual reality therapy
ALZHEIMER Dementia – Alternative Therapies
Memory disorders – Diagnosis and treatment
Sleep monitoring with the Act Trust Actigraphy device
Clinical psychology and psychodiagnosis
Counseling and psychotherapy