“What matters is what nature has made of you, but what it really matters is what you have done with what nature has made of you!”
Luminita Sarbu – psychologist / psychotherapist
A graduate of the Faculty of Psychology at the “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iasi (1995 – 1999), a Master Degree in “Evaluation, training and psychological counseling of personnel” at the same university (2005 – 2007) and training in integrative psychotherapy performed in Iasi under the Association of Psychotherapy and Clinical Psychology (2010-2015). Currently she is training in psychological and complementary expertise in clinical psychology (2015-2017), at the Institute of Forensic Psychology, Bucharest (FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY).
Enrolled in the College of Psychologists of Romania with the right to practice in the following specialties:
- clinical psychology;
- integrative psychotherapy;
- special psychopedagogy;
- special psychopedagogy;
- applied psychology in national security;
- transportation psychology.
These competences were acquired after carrying out training courses for each specialty and after the supervision of her professional activity.
Her professional training is supported by conducting various continuing education courses and by participation in conferences and congresses such as: training in the psychological and clinical psychology expertise (long-term training, close to its closure), training course:
- “Introduction to Psychological Expertise – Applied Forensic Psychology” (Iasi, 2012, the Institute of Forensic Psychology, Bucharest);
- “Mourning Labour” (Association for Family Counselling and Therapy, Iasi 2012);
- the training course: “Providing psychological services in the field of national security” (Bucharest 2011, Ion Duvac’s Psychology Practice);
- “Psychological Examination of the Traffic Safety Staf” (Iasi, 2010, Iasi, 2011, ARC);
- “The Psychology of Road Users” (Iasi, 2011 ARC);
- participation at the International Symposium “Aggressor and Victim in a Culture of Violence” (Iasi, 2011, Petre Andrei University),
- training in psycho – social assistance to elderly people (Diakonie de La Tour, Feldkirchen, Austria, 2014);
- International Congress for Integrative Psychotherapy (Bucharest, 2012);
- International Congress of Integrative Psychiatry (2011, Iasi).
Training in integrative psychotherapy (2010- 2015) that includes cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy courses, psychoanalysis, couple and family psychotherapy, body psychotherapy, hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming, experiential psychotherapy, a.s.o.
The professional evolution supports the psychological development of the individual at all ages and from all psycho-socio-occupational backgrounds, both with pathologies and under normal conditions of mental health:
- children and adolescents – through the activity in education as a speech therapist and special education teacher during 2000-2010 and in the private practice, individually or through collaboration with educational institutions, 2010- 2015;
- adults – the specificity of the human resources management made possible the psychological approach of people from different organizational environments, with different levels of education and human development, with different psychological and skill profiles, and the specificity of the clinical psychology and psychotherapy allowed to investigate the psychological mechanisms responsible for the normal or pathological functioning and the psychological and psychotherapeutic intervention on adults (2000-2015, privately);;
- elderly patients – the specific activities of the hospital and private practive (2014 -present)..